Evolved Habitats Deer Cane® Apple Flavor Mineral Deer Attractant (5 lb)
Our tried-and-true Deer Cane® is more irresistible than ever before, thanks to apple flavoring and Glo-Cote® UV enhancement. Now deer can smell, taste and even see this nutrition-packed mineral.
- Our most popular mineral enhanced with apple flavor
- Glo-Cote® UV enhancement allows deer to "see" mix
- Draws deer in and keeps them coming back
- Super dense mineral concentration
- Establish or maintain active mineral sites quickly and easily
- Works year-round
- Soaks deep into ground for long-lasting power
- Powder formula provides maximum coverage
- Begins working immediately upon application
- Apply directly to ground or use as a concentrate
Site Selection Tips
- Select a shaded area near active deer crossings
- Sandy soils will leach minerals sooner than heavy clay-type soils
- Allow for a total site diameter of 10 feet
- Create two sites per 100 acres
Directions For Use
- Clear all debris in a 4-foot diameter
- Loosen soil once area has been cleared
- Spread mineral contents over the site
- For instant results, mix bag contents with 6-8 gallons of water and apply liquid to site
Minerals can help pattern deer year-round, but bucks and does consume different amounts seasonally depending on their needs.
Early Spring: Mineral consumption is high due to does carrying fawns and bucks seeking out minerals to grow new antlers.
Spring: Mineral consumption remains high while does nurse fawns and bucks continue antler development.
Summer: Deer consume minerals as needed for improved overall health, including healthy digestion. Bucks reach final antler growth potential during this time.
Fall: During the rut, does consume more minerals and bucks consume fewer. However, rutting bucks will seek out mineral sites in search of does who have visited the site.
Winter: Mineral consumption aids in preparing the herd for the cold months ahead.
We Also Recommend
Whitetail Institute Imperial Winter Peas Plus (Annual) (11 Lb)